In today’s era with all the awareness of diseases on fingertips, people are getting increasingly health-conscious. A sedentary lifestyle, resulting in obesity and several other health complications, is encouraging more and more people to resort to fitness for staying healthy. As a result, there has been a sharp rise in the demand for fitness apps. These apps are the need of the hour, to maintain a healthy routine, specifically at a time when social distancing is the norm. Report from Grand View Research, Inc. says, that the global Health market is growing at a CAGR of 44.2% and is expected to reach 111.8 billion USD by the year 2025. Hence it is a golden opportunity for businesses to capitalize on the market demand by creating customized healthcare software solutions.
But all apps are not competent enough to impart an enriching user-experience. So before choosing a fitness app, certain aspects of the healthcare app development process should be carefully executed so that the app is engaging and useful.
Key Features of Fitness Apps
Mentioned below are some must-have features of fitness apps that would make it popular amongst fitness freaks.
Virtual gym instructor
If your fitness app has the following features it’s time to say good-bye to the gym sessions!
- Personalized diet plan and useful tips: The feature enables the users to create diet plans based on age, gender, weight, height, and underlying health conditions. Proper recipes are suggested too, for convenience.
- Exercise regime: This feature not only plans the course of daily workouts as per the user’s body requirements but also instructs on how it should be done, just like a gym trainer. This is important because an improper way of exercising could have adverse effects.
- Logbook feature stores information about workouts for future reference and maintains a record of the intensity of medical conditions like heart rate count, hypertension, and diabetes, to name a few.
- Push notifications: Reminders through push notifications stimulate users to follow their exercise regime amidst their busy schedules.
- Goal based activities: Setting goals related to weight management, counting calories, distance covered, and height climbed is one of the most desirable features.
Benefits of integration with other services
- Social sharing feature via chat or video conferencing enables users to share their achievements with like-minded people, exchange useful tips on wellness, and receive customized solutions by interacting with experts.
- Integration with Wearable Devices such as smart watches, fitness bands to fetch health data. Mobile apps can fetch data from wearables by connecting to APIs from Apple Healthkit, Google fit, etc.
- Activity Tracking provides a comparative analysis between the actual target set by the user and his/her achievement by tracking their progress for various outdoor activities.
- The addition of fun elements like gaming or music makes the app attractive and instigates more people to use the app.
Creation of user-friendly apps
Users prefer agile apps with minimal clicks. So, developers must create apps with simple functionality, hassle-free operation, intuitive design, easy navigation, and interactive features to impart a unique user experience.
The advent of Fitness apps have simplified the healthcare routine and redefined the idea of wellness altogether. Thus, the number of users is multiplying. Fitness Mobile app development companies should be able to meet the increasing demands of a dynamic and competitive market by creating flawless apps decked up with rich features that enhance the overall user experience. So, mobile app developers must carefully design an app and avoid any glitches in the operational system.
We, at Biz4solutions, a notable mobile app development company, serve worldwide clients in providing effective Healthcare IT Services. Our experienced developers go the extra mile to build innovative apps, offering multiple benefits to users. So, if you are looking for top-notch Fitness apps, reach us to know more!