The Top React Native Features & Updates in 2020!
“React Native is considered one of the most popular cross-platform mobile app development frameworks as it is being used by 42% of the developers around the globe” as per a developer survey conducted by Statista.
The React Native framework is undoubtedly one of the most widely used technology all across the globe. It was introduced by Facebook in 2015 and got better with changing times. Today, it is known for creating mobile applications that possess the look, feel, and performing capacity like native applications. It has helped numerous brands to prosper. Bloomberg, Facebook, Uber Eats, Skype, Pinterest, etc., are some examples of business brands that have leveraged this framework to reach the zenith of success.
Those planning to work on React Native App Development must be well versed with the most significant features and updates. I have penned down the top features, benefits, and the most recent updates for your guidance.
Top React Native Features
Unlike other frameworks, the React Native code is highly reusable across multiple platforms. For instance, 90% of the code can be used for both Android and iOS development. This unique ability not only saves the time and efforts of the React Native developers but also leads to a cost-effective developmental process.
Community backing and Facebook’s support
The React Native community happens to be one of the strongest communities in the realm of cross-platform mobile app development. Facebook team has been taking generous efforts to improve this framework by periodically updating it. The popularity of this framework has been increasing over time, due to the strong support of developers across the world. This has enhanced the community presence in a big way.
Other Notable Features
· React Native’s modular and intuitive interface enhances the adaptability and flexibility of the development environment, thereby simplifying functions like making updates in the existing application, upgrading to web apps, and building testing scenarios speedily.
· React Native delivers a mobile-centric performance as it employs a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), unlike most other native platforms that use CPU (Central Processing Unit).
· React Native employs NPM (Node Package Manager) for app setup and installation. NPM commands are easy to comprehend and implement and hence simplifies installation.
· The Live Reload feature provides two screens: the first one is used by the developers to change the code and the second screen instantly displays those changes. This feature greatly helps the developers in the react native development process.
· Third-party integrations enable the developers to develop complex applications in a short amount of time when compared with other frameworks.
Most Recent Updates
Flipper, launched in the 0.62 version, refers to a developer tool employed for debugging the iOS and Android mobile apps. Its function is to:
· Visualize the network requests coming from the device apps.
· Edit the preference lists and the databases of the device.
· Behaves like React Native layout; by observing and then editing its output while rendering apps.
Version 0.61 combines the features of ‘hot reloading’ and ‘live reloading’ into a new feature namely “Fast Refresh”. It improves the experiences of React Native developers in the following ways.
· Fully supports Modern React with hooks and function components.
· Preserves the state of the hooks and the functional components while reloading.
· In case of run time or syntax error, it automatically reloads the apps after the error gets resolved.
· Avoids invasive code transformations, making this feature dependable enough to be turned on by default.
The New Start Screen
The new sleek app screen introduced in version 0.60 offers an improved UX. It makes things easier for developers by displaying the necessary instructions needed to start the debug menu, link documents, and edit App.js. It also provides a guided route to web developers regarding redesigning of websites and alignment. The new UI — “Hello World” — acquaints users to the React environment so that they can reap its benefits to the fullest.
Version 0.60 brings about much better accessibility that comes with the ability of the APIs to integrate the platform-specific APIs with technologies having native-support. The key add-ons are:
· A clickable prop that helps to send action requests via keyboard navigation.
· Changes in Flags, action support, changes in roles, etc.
· Support for CALayer to draw text, reduction motion, better keyboard accessibility for Android.
Lean Core Project
Facebook has undertaken the Lean Core Project to improve the condition of the React Native repository by removing the existing flaws. The major outcomes are:
· WebView and NetInfo are separated into individual repositories.
· As per reviews and feedback, Geo-location has been removed from the abolished repositories.
· Facebook has completely migrated out of the React Native repository.
The aforesaid features and updates, strengthen React Native development Services opening up new horizons for react native developers. If you would like to reap its benefits try Biz4Solutions, a distinguished React Native App development company offering elite app development services to customers across the globe. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about our other core technologies, refer to links below: